Melia Powell Funeral Service is dedicated to helping today’s families make positive choices when it matters to you the most.
If you’re looking for a funeral company that combines a fresh approach with a strong belief in the importance of tradition, in the importance of ceremony and ritual that makes a funeral dignified and special, then you have come to the right place.
Our Funeral Directors usually conduct funerals wearing formal dress (traditional top-hats and smart frock coats) and we offer key marks of respect, such as paging the hearse away from our funeral home and into the place of committal.
We aim to deliver the utmost respect and dignity to your loved one, for example our team always carry (shoulder) the coffin rather than wheeling it (unless there are health and safety issues to consider).
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a funeral company that will adopt a quiet, less obvious display or even support you in creating a home funeral then you too are in the right place.
We are more than happy to discuss which of our services you would like, and which you prefer not to have – for example using an estate car rather than a hearse (you can even supply your own), and even minimal staff in simple, smart suits.
We appreciate tradition but blend this with a thoroughly modern approach, giving each family consistently high-quality service and care every time, irrespective of their needs or wishes.
Some of the other things that make us different are:
• You will get personal attention at all times.
• Wide experience and expertise – a combined 30 years’ serving UK families directly, coupled with service to the profession as a whole both here and abroad, means that we simply have a wider knowledge (including specifically non-Christian requirements) and a more open approach to families than most UK funeral directors.
• Unmatched facilities and flexibility – our locations have been purposefully chosen to meet the needs of today’s families. We’ve created places where families will feel at home, safe and cared for. This includes caring for your loved one in the funeral home nearest to you, wherever possible.
• We have a quality fleet – Daimler Jaguars and Jaguar XJL’s.
• A passion for value and excellence – whilst price is the easiest thing to compare we believe the choice of a funeral director should be about more than just cost; for us it is about relationships, value, respect and dignity. With Melia Powell Funeral Service, you get it all.
If you’re looking for a truly dignified and professional service at the very best price then we’d be proud to assist. Simply call your nearest Melia Powell Funeral Home.
We are available on the phone 24 hours a day, every day of the week.